First Riley town meeting held here in 1842.

Photo: Sunday River Sketches, page 50.  The Fifield-Bennett-Littlehale house in Riley Plantation, Maine, built by O. Isreal B. Fifield for his own house in the early 1830’s and later occupied by (son-in-law) David Bennett then Stillman Littlehale. Last owned by Brown Paper Company. Eventually destroyed  by fire.  Photo about 1905, by Fred A. Fifield.

 

Text Box: A Brief History of Sunday River
Photos

The Fleet Place

The C B Foster Place

Red House—Sunday River snow roller 1923

 Locke Mountain House circa 1905 —Benton Swan place 1979