William E. Bosserman is Bethel’s popular druggist and on Main Street has a large and well equipped store.

His father was the Rev. Alexander Bosserman, Universalist minister, who preached in Bethel many years ago.

Mr. Bosserman was educated in the schools of Winthrop and Bethel and began his apprenticeship as a pharmacist in the store of Goodwin R. Wiley, of which he is now proprietor.

He married Miss Jennie Perry of West Paris in September 1893 and they have one daughter, Mrs. E.L. Brown of Bethel.

Mr. Bosserman worked and studied in Boston and Norway, and after a special course of study in pharmacopoeia work at Bowdoin College, passed the State Board examination, became a registered druggist and has settled in Bethel where he has gained success, and what is of more importance, many friends. He is a member of the Bethel Lodge A & FM.

In his modern store he makes a specialty of his prescription department, and his chief clerk, Mr. Alton Carroll, is also a registered pharmacist.

Mr. and Mrs. Bosserman have a model home with perfectly kept lawns on Church Street, adjoining the Universalist Church.

This sketch was written for the Citizen’s 1931 Special Edition. Another news account reported that William Rogers Chapman had purchased the “Wiley Block” after Goodwin Wiley had left Bethel for Oklahoma.

The Bosserman home in 1931 on Church Street; it is now part of the Gould Academy campus.

PROMINENT BETHEL NAMES IN 1931

William E. Bosserman

BETHEL MAINE HISTORY—1931 PERSONALITIES

THE BETHEL JOURNALS

PO BOX 763

BETHEL, MAINE 04217